To use the Payology Check Scanning App end-users must have compatible check scanners. A list of the most popular supported scanners can be found below.
SmartSource Elite 55SE
SmartSource Expert Elite
SmartSource Micro Adaptive
SmartSource Micro Adaptive SE
SmartSource Micro Elite 55
SmartSource Micro Elite
SmartSource Micro EliteSE
SmartSource Pro Elite
|Unisys/Burroughs/Digital Check||**Burroughs Smartsource Adaptive|
** Premium Driver Licensed at Higher Rate.
Organizations which receive remittance items whose size can be as long as 8 1/2 x 14 can utilize the Smartsource Adaptive scanner. The scanner supports full page document scanner but is, in fact a check scanner with the ability to extract MICR data in bitonal and grayscale. More details can be found here:
In addition to driver installation, end-users using the Check Scanning App must also download and install Ranger Remote, a windows service which allows browsers to communicate with check scanning hardware. Both the check scanning drivers and Ranger Remote are, in many cases, the same drivers shipped by the manufacturers themselves. As such, drivers and services adhere to the highest security protocols.
The URL's for the two most popular drivers in addition to the Ranger Remote solution are listed below. For all other drivers, please contact your Account Manager or Sales Representative.
|Epson TM-S2000 and TM-S9000||https://check21.com/ranger/epson/EpsonTMS.exe|
|Canon CR50 / CR80 / CRL1||https://check21.com/ranger/Canon/Canon-CR50CR80CRL1.exe|
|Canon CR135i / CR190i / CR190i II||https://check21.com/ranger/Canon/CanonCR135i_CR190i.exe|
To install the Check Scanner Driver the end-user must follow the steps outlined below.
- Download the appropriate driver using the URL found on the grid above.
- Upon download completion and before running the installation file, please disconnect your scanner from the PC.
- Once disconnected, right click on the driver file and click "Run as Administrator".
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
After installing the scanner driver, the end-user must then install the Ranger Remote Service. To do so, the end-user must follow the steps outlined below.
- Download the Ranger Remote Service using the URL found on the grid above.
- Upon download completion and before running the installation file, please disconnect your scanner from the PC if it is connected.
- Once disconnected, right click on the Ranger Remote Installation file and click "Run as Administrator".
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- During the installation process ensure that you select the "Use WSS" option.
As a final step in the end-user installation process, the user must unlock the Ranger driver. Without unlocking the Ranger driver, Ranger Remote cannot be used as a communication method between the scanner and browser. To unlock the Ranger driver, please follow these steps.
- Press + S on your keyboard.
- Search for "RangerFlex".
- Once found, right click on "RangerFlex" and click "Run as Administrator".
- When prompted, enter the Product Key provided by the Check21.com Account Management or Sales teams.
- While the RangerFlex windows is still active, click on your browser and vist the following URL: https://sbullet.com/technical-support/unlock/
- Click the checkbox marked "I am running RangerFlex as an Administrator" and click "Next".
- Enter the Product Key provided by the Check21.com Account Management or Sales teams in the License Key field.
- Enter the Registration Key provided within the active RangerFlex window in the Registration Key field.
- Enter your email address in the e-mail address field and click "Generate Unlock Key".
- Copy the Unlock Key from the browser window and paste it within the current RangerFlex window.
- Click "Unlock".
Please note that if installing the check scanning drivers on a PC which is currently being utilized for scanning with other third party solutions (i.e. bank-based scanning), Check21.com cannot guarantee that such solution will continue to function.
If using a Smartsource Adaptive Scanner, clients must change a setting within the driver configuration file. The required change is as follows:
File Location and Name: C:\ProgramData\Silver Bullet Technology\Ranger\Scanner Plug-ins\DigitalCheck-SmartPVA\DigitalCheck-SmartPVA.ini Default Field and Value: JpegTiffWrapped=true Required Change: JpegTiffWrapped=false
If scanning remittance items and experiencing barcode scanning failures - due to quality of scan, the following settings must be made.
Digital Check (Non-Smartsource Adaptive) Scanners:
File Location and Name: C:\ProgramData\Silver Bullet Technology\Ranger\Scanner Plug-ins\DigitalCheck-TSSeries\DigitalCheck-TSSeries.ini Default Field and Value: JpegQuality=75 Default Field and Value: JPEGImageResolution=200 Required Change: JpegQuality=100 Required Change: JPEGImageResolution=300
File Location and Name: C:\ProgramData\Silver Bullet Technology\Ranger\Scanner Plug-ins\DigitalCheck-SmartPVA\DigitalCheck-SmartPVA.ini Default Field and Value: 200DPI=3 Required Change: 200DPI=1
As Salesforce Developers or Administrators who may be reviewing this section of the guide, it is important to understand how to next configure the Payology Check Scanning App. For next steps, please see Configuring the Payology Check Scanning App.
Updated 4 months ago